|THE TRAUMA FLOOR
||Feb. 26th, 2019|06:30 pm|
Занимательное чтение о жизни модераторов корпорации добра:
The Verge - The secret lives of
Facebook moderators in America
- Moderators in Phoenix will make just $28,800 per year — while the average Facebook
employee has a total compensation of $240,000.
- In stark contrast to the perks lavished on Facebook employees, team leaders micro-manage
content moderators’ every bathroom break. Two Muslim employees were ordered to stop
praying during their nine minutes per day of allotted “wellness time.”
- Employees can be fired after making just a handful of errors a week, and those who remain
live in fear of former colleagues returning to seek vengeance. One man we spoke with started
bringing a gun to work to protect himself.
- Employees have been found having sex inside stairwells and a room reserved for lactating
mothers, in what one employee describes as “trauma bonding.”
- Moderators cope with seeing traumatic images and videos by telling dark jokes about committing
suicide, then smoking weed during breaks to numb their emotions. Moderators are routinely
high at work.
- Employees are developing PTSD-like symptoms after they leave the company, but are no longer
eligible for any support from Facebook or Cognizant.
- Employees have begun to embrace the fringe viewpoints of the videos and memes that they
are supposed to moderate. The Phoenix site is home to a flat Earther and a Holocaust denier.
A former employee tells us he no longer believes 9/11 was a terrorist attack.
"Впрочем, ничего нового", но все равно адище какое-то. Trauma bonding в виде секса в комнатах
для кормления грудью. Christ Almighty. Добра вам всем.